
I'm a self-employed glass artist based in Adelaide, South Australia. I've been lampworking since late 2006, after being introduced to the medium by a friend.
Beyond my interest in glass, my passion is politics and human rights. I have degrees in International Studies (politics and international relations) and Social Health.
I sell my glass beads and jewellery on Etsy (http://elysiumbeads.etsy.com) and have a personal website (currently being redesigned) at http://www.elysiumbeads.com.
I've been concentrating on making Pandora/Troll/Biagi-style large hole sterling silver-cored beads over the last 6 months but I also love making focal beads and sets. I occasionally make vessels (perfume bottles) and lately have started making beads specifically for decorating canape knives/forks, wine bottle stoppers, cheese knives etc...
A few of my items currently for sale on Etsy:
Some technical info:
I currently use a MiniCC torch with a single 5lpm oxygen concentrator but have ordered a GTT Cricket torch which should arrive within the next month or so. Having worked on a Hothead, Minor and MiniCC, I am looking forward to experimenting with the Cricket as I have heard very good things about it.
I make my beads primarily from Effetre/Moretti, Vetrofond, Double Helix and Lauscha glass, although I also occasionally use Reichenbach and Gaffer. I hope to try boro when I have the Cricket up and running.




Gorgeous beads! I think the black background presents them well too!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL work! Absolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThanks for looking! And for the lovely comments.
ReplyDeletewow those are really neat! i'm going to have to refer you to a friend who loves glass
ReplyDeleteWow. I have about 3 hours of lampwork experience under my belt. I'm totally addicted. And now I can totally appreciate how incredibly difficult it is to create masterpieces like yours!
ReplyDeleteYou work is STUNNING!!!! I love your color choices and the depth you achieve.
ReplyDeleteglad to find ya....
ReplyDeletehave a great week..
mona & the girls
You have some really beautiful beads!
ReplyDeleteI would like to invite you to an Etsy forum thread called 30 Minutes of Fame; http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6593408&page=1
Right now there are more people with finished jewelry participating than any other medium, so I bet you could gain some new customers from it.
Monday, Aug. 9th from 7 AM - 1:00 AM EST we're having a special Buy and Replace Treasury featuring mostly people new to the thread. I think the link to that treasury will be posted in the thread on Sunday. Hope you'll come to both!